Looks like all those hours triple checking my drawing have paid off. The wooden bodies have come in, and everything is to spec. The box, coil, and wooden body fit snugly, and the holes in the box line up with the screws in the coil housing:
Also, all of the little bits of hardware that go on the box-the power switch, tuners, tone and volume knobs, fit right into their intended locations:
So now I have all the custom parts I need to make the next batch of instruments! While it took a half year to figure out the logistics of specifying and then ordering special parts, bringing in professionals has really boosted the polish of the final instrument. It looks like the 8 days I spent cutting up wood, and the 2 days right after that I spent drilling holes in boxes, was a one time thing. Now I have the help of a metalworking shop and an old school woodworker.
The plan is to solder together as many boxes together as I can in my free time, and to assemble entire instruments during winter break. In the meantime, these guys will be chilling on the couch: