We installed the ribbons on the Magnetic Cellos last night, and that means that for the most part, the main instrument is complete. We still have to cut out covers that will hide the ribbon connectors, but that will only take an hour at the hacksaw.
Before we sell each instrument, we’re going to disassemble them one more time, inspecting the solder joints, making sure everything is clean, and doing some final tuning. But for now, the instrument is finished.
Next, we’ll be building the peripherals: the magnetic bow and the end pin. We ordered custom metallic stickers to brand each instrument, and will soon be ordering custom dimensioned boxes for shipping.
In the meantime, we finally know what the final instrument looks like!